James Cook and Sam Shead, Business Insider, 2016—The 19 best people in European tech to follow on Instagram
Abigail Edge, journalism.co.uk, 2016—103 speakers you need at your next journalism event to avoid all-male panels
Alastair Reid, journalism.co.uk—#iwd2013: 50 female innovators in digital journalism
Scientific American, 2012—Tips: Journalists of Tomorrow
Martin Belam, Head of Social, the Guardian, 2011—How digital transformed the news cycle - and what you can do about it
Dave Harte, Birmingham Post, 2010—News revolution coming to your door, Birmingham Post
Royal Opera House, 2016—#BalletBeauty InstaMeet: Exclusive pictures inside the Royal Ballet dressing rooms
Daily Telegraph 2014—The #empty movement Instagrammers invading the Tate Modern
Russia Today, 2014 (Russian)—Instagrammers capture Sochi Olympics
Shifter, 2014 (Portguese)—#twinbridgesmeet
Interview with Instagram's Elisa Benson, 2018—How Vogue International implemented a new global Instagram strategy
Whalar Studio Blog, 2017—Meet Hannah Ray, Storyteller and Social Strategist
Natalya Kudryavtseva, Look At Me, 2014 (Russian)—Я хочу стать комьюнити-менеджером — что дальше? "I want to be a community manager - what's next?"
The Guardian, 2014—How to use Instagram and Pinterest for your arts organisation
Welt, 2014 (German)—"Oh mein Gott, ich folge Dir seit drei Jahren" ("oh my god, I've been following you for three years")
Online Journalism Blog, 2010—The New Online Journalists #1: Hannah Waldram
International Journalism Festival, Perugia, April 2018—TBD
Digital Innovators Summit, Berlin, 2018—TBD
Frieze Academy, London 2018—Social Media for Art & Fashion
FIPP World Congress, London 2017—"Engaging audiences across platforms"
Digital Journalism World Summit, 2017—"Storytelling for social media"
Apple Events, London 2015—Meet the iPhone Photographer Dan Rubin, on-stage interview
Dona Conference, Denmark, 2012—Engaging News Communities
Workshops and Teaching
- Vogue Digital Editors Conference, Conde Nast International 2017
- Mobile Video Workshop
- Creating for Good conference 2017
- Instagram Stories Workshop
- Instagram Video Workshop
- Instagram Video Workshop
- National Council for the Training of Journalists, Journalists Skills Conference, Instagram Masterclass
- Masterclass delivered to a conference of NCTJ course creators, national and regional editors and examiners to debate key skills and training for journalists of tomorrow: the masterclass covered how journalists can create, produce and share stories for short-form visual platforms.
- BBC World and BBC Sites, Storytelling on Instagram Workshop
- Workshops created for BBC World editors and journalists on telling short-form stories with Instagram, using Instagram to source and discover communities and stories as well as basics in short-form storytelling.
- Guardian Masterclass, Managing Online Communities
- Evening sessions delivered over four weeks for a range of clients covering how to build online communities, social presence, community crowdsourcing, and brand development.
- Guardian Masterclass, An Introduction to Building Online Communities
- Presented and curated full day events programme of talks, speakers and Q&As for delegrates on how to harness the power of online communities using social media and comments.
- Cardiff Centre forJournalism Studies: Lectures for students taking the PgDip in journalism, delivered from 2010-2014
- Community Clinics and Social Media Surgeries, various locations, 2008-2012
Connected: The power of modern community
—A Guardian Shorts ebook by Marc Thomas, Hannah Waldram, Ed Walker